CARNEGIE HARRIERS OFF-ROAD GRAND PRIX RULES 2020 – 21
- The Off-Road Grand Prix will be open to all members, regardless of ability.
- The Off-Road Grand Prix will be held over the year 1st April to 31st
- The Off-Road Grand Prix will comprise a range of distances and standards of competition and a balance of local and national events.
- The events to be included in the Off-Road Grand Prix Series will be decided by the Committee.
- The Off-Road GP will consist of 13 specified races, with the best seven scoring events to count. In the event of any race not proceeding, an alternative will be substituted.
- Points will be awarded on the basis on which members finish in an event, by gender but irrespective of age, as follows: 50 points for 1st home, 49 for 2nd, 48 for 3rd with all competitors scoring at least 1 point for completing an event. The order of finishers will be as they appear in the official race results, usually this will be gun time.
- Points will not be awarded to any member who starts an event but does not complete it. Similarly an unfinished event will not qualify as a counting event.
- The winners will be the members with the highest number of points in the open competition and each age and gender category.
- Separate prizes will be awarded to the top three placed members in each of the following categories, subject to them having completed the minimum number of events:
Women: Open (any age); 40 to 49; 50 to 59; 60 and over.
Men: Open (any age); 40 to 49; 50 to 59; 60 to 69; 70 and over.
In the Open category, prizes will be awarded to the first three overall placed members in the points table irrespective of age group, thereafter the awards will be determined by age group.
- Qualifying age will be a member’s age as at 1st April 2020.
- No member may receive more than one award in any single Grand Prix series.
- Club vests must be worn in Grand Prix events otherwise no points will be awarded.*
- Points will not be awarded to any member who runs a Grand Prix event with a dog.
- An award will be made to every member who takes part in the minimum number of seven counting events in the Grand Prix series.
*N.B. Although club vests must be worn, members may wear clothing under their vests appropriate to the conditions.