1. The events to be included in the Hill Running Grand Prix Series will be decided by the Committee with guidance from the Hill Running Captain.
2. The Hill Running Grand Prix will comprise a range of distances and standards of competition and a balance of local and national events. Due consideration and recognition will be given to national event series where appropriate e.g. Scottish Hill Running Championship.
3. The Hill Running Grand Prix will be open to all members, regardless of ability.
4. The Hill Running Grand Prix will be held over a calendar year (i.e. 1st January to 31st December).
5. The Hill Running Grand Prix will consist a total of 13 events, with the best 7 scoring events to count, of which one must be a medium race and another a long race (or medium race of at least 9 miles).
6. Separate prizes will be awarded in each of the following categories:
Female: Open (any age); 40 to 49; 50 to 59; 60 and over.
Male: Open (any age); 40 to 49; 50 to 59; 60 to 69; 70 and over.
In the Open category, prizes will be awarded to the first three overall placed members in the points table irrespective of age group, thereafter the awards will be determined by age group, subject to members achieving the minimum number of qualifying races.
7. Qualifying age will be a member’s age as at the date of the first event in the Hill Running GP in the year of competition.
8. Points will be awarded on the basis on which members finish in an event, by gender but irrespective of age, as follows: 50 points for 1st home, 49 for 2nd, 48 for 3rd etc. with all competitors scoring at least 1 point for completing an event.
9. The winners will be the members with the highest number of points in the open competition and each age and gender category.
10. No member may receive more than one award in the Grand Prix series.
11. Club vests must be worn in Grand Prix events otherwise no points will be awarded.*
12. Points will not be awarded to any member who runs a Grand Prix event with a dog.
13. There will be an award made to every member who takes part in the minimum number of 7 counting events in the Grand Prix.
*N.B. Although club vests must be worn, members should wear clothing (under or over their vests) appropriate to the conditions.